Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field (PEMF) therapy is a drug-free, non-invasive, pain-relief alternative treatment, using electromagnetic fields to stimulate cells which promotes accelerated healing for ailments and injuries and to support overall wellness. Below is an article written by Natalie Rietkerk who is owner of Triple Crown PEMF, located in Southern California.
Written by: Natalie Rietkerk
The soft clicking from PEMF machines is as familiar as the sound as the call to post for most Thoroughbred racehorses. Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy has been a staple in race training barns since the 1970s due to its drug-free, non-invasive and pain-free performance enhancing benefits. In fact, many of racing’s champions and Kentucky Derby winners received regular PEMF therapy treatments to help keep their bodies and minds in peak condition.
Fortunately, for our beloved off-track-Thoroughbreds, PEMF therapy is rapidly gaining in popularity in the equestrian world as a form of overall wellness, rehabilitation, and to give us that extra edge in the show ring.
PEMF therapy heals the body down to the cellular level by restoring the proper electrical charges to damaged cells. This creates a domino effect of numerous benefits including:
- Optimized cellular health
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Improved performance and well-being
- Increased range of motion and muscle elasticity
- Increased blood circulation
- Improved relaxation and stress reduction
- Reduced soreness: Back, Stifle, Joints, Neck, Poll, TMJ, Shoulder or Hooves
- Soft Tissue recovery: Bruised or Torn Muscles, Tendons and Ligaments
- Accelerated injury, wound and/or surgical recovery
- Accelerated bone healing
- Anti-aging, systemic improvement, and improved immunity
Off-track-Thoroughbreds bodies experienced what I like to call “hard miles” during their racing days and many exited the track with at least one injury/ailment. PEMF therapy aids greatly in their recovery and transition to their new lives. I have yet to come across an OTTB that was not instantly receptive to PEMF. The vast majority relax, lick and yawn during their first session.
Follow Natalie on instagram at Triplecrownpemf